Sunday, May 15, 2011

Aunt Layne and Arie come to visit

While I was on my way to Utah I was at a layover in the airport talking to my sister Layne. We talked about how close we would be (me in Utah and her in California), and how we wish we could see each other. Her son, Mason, overheard this conversation and began to go to work. He was so cute. He called me first to find out when I was going to be in Utah and then went and found the cheapest airplane tickets from California to Utah. Then he went and arranged rides for his brother and him, and also arranged substitutes for his mothers class. It was a great surprise for Layne and even better for me since I got to see her and Colby got to see his cousin Arie. We all had so much fun playing and hanging out!
The mornings started out very similar- breakfast and waiting for the bus to drive by the window.I think looking out the window and watching for either cars or for buses was their favorite thing. They also had a few fun moments together while watching The Chipmunk Movie. They had fun dancing to the music...
They liked it best when Papa would dance with them...
They went on walks together
They played together pretty good too!
Aunt Layne also got them some rain boots (which Colby loves to wear all the time now that we are home)
They love their Nana and Papa
And at the end of a long day it was time for a bath
And then into their PJ's and off to bed.
Thanks so much to Mason for organizing all of this so that Layne and Arie could fly out and visit. And thanks Aunt Layne and Arie for coming. We had so much fun and we can't wait to see you again...hopefully soon!

No comments: